Carteret County Schools Dress Code
All students will be modestly dressed and groomed so as not to unreasonably distract the attention of others, or to cause disruption of or interference with the educational process or the orderly operation of the school.
- Students should wear shoes that are appropriate for PE. Some schools require students to wear tennis shoes for safety purposes.
- No vulgar or inappropriate printing or logos on clothing.
- No bare midriff, strapless tops, tank tops or spaghetti strap tops are allowed.
- No sunglasses, hats or caps are to be worn inside the building.
- Short shorts or mini skirts are not allowed. Shorts, skorts, or skirts must be fingertip length or longer.
- Pants should be fitted or secured at the waist with a belt.
Be sure to check your school’s website or school handbook for additional guidelines. The school administration reserves the right to determine whether a particular type of clothing or style is appropriate. If students are dressed inappropriately they will have to change or parents will be called to pick them up.